Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Progress = Happiness




Ok today I want to talk to you about something that is or should be important to every body. I watched Tony Robbins on OWN last year and I wrote alot of quotes down and put them in my little black book. When I was at my moms I took that book with me and looked over some of the things I wrote. After looking at her house I was going to do some other quote but I wasn't feeling it and then when I got home I opened up my notebook again and I found this quote I wrote down and it was Progress = Happiness. 
And I said yes this is definatly the one I want to do. So here it is. So you might be asking what is progress = happiness what does it mean and can anyone do it. Well yes anyone can do this but you just have to learn how and that is what this is about so lets get started!!


  Ok first of all let me ask you a few questions. How many times have you gone to work came home and seen that the dishes were dirty or the carpet needed vacumed or you needed to do laundry ect. And how many times did you say oh I will just do it tomorrow I still have clean dishes and I still have some clean clothes left and the carpet vacuming can just wait I'lll get to it later I'm too tired. And next thing you know a week goes by a month goes by and it gets to the point where you HAVE to do it! Now your bugging out and taking it out on your kids and your other family members like it's there fault when in reality it's your fault for not doing it when it needed done in the first place. So now that I got the questions out of the way and before I get to how to do this I'm going to tell you a little story to let you know how I came about this so here is my story keep reading..........

   Ok for the people who know me they know that I worked in the food industry for over 16 years and like you when I moved on my own if I had a long day I would come home and say you know I'm tired I'll just do dishes tomorrow or I'm to tired I'll just vacum or clean the bathroom tomorrow. Well In the year 2000 I moved to this apt. I did get everything unpacked and my x helped me. Years later she left and moved to another city and things went south for me lets just say. I got fired from my job but then got re hired a year later thanks to a nice lady named Margie. So I was working what seemed even longer hours and you guessed it I would come home and say I'll just do the dishes tomorrow or I'll just do the laundry in a few days I have clean underwear or I'll clean the house later no one is coming over today and of course I still have a few days to pay that bill. Well what do you think happened? Yep that's right I spent half my weekend cleaning, doing dishes, doing laundry going shopping ect. So fast forward to 2011 I decided to quit my job and work for myself. But......... I noticed something I was still letting things go till the last minute and shit was piled up and I said fuck this this shit is getting done!! So I went through my house like a cyclone and just cleaned and when I was done I just looked around and promised myself that this was the way it was going to stay and until this day this is exactly what I do. So now I'm going to tell you exactly what I do and more so keep reading...........


  Ok step #1 First of all you want to do what I did in my above story and get your house in order literally!! You need to go through every room and get rid of all the garbage in your house or Apt. If you don't need it or use it GET RID OF IT!! Ok after you get rid of everything you don't need and throw it away you now want to put all the things that you need and kept in a  nice neat order. Remember to put the important stuff like bills and other important paperwork somewhere where you look often this way you won't forget to pay your bills because you didn't see them. Ok moving on.


Step #2  Now you need to get your bills paid off to do this just grab a pen and paper and write down how much you bring home every month. Now take 30% right away and put that in your grocery list because you do need to eat. Now you want to subtract all the other bills from your income like rent, electric, gas, car payments ect.. Now if you have no money left over at the end of the month you might want to change things otherwise your going to be broke and go deeper and deeper into debt. Look over all your bills and say do I need that right now?? For example if you have a $100  + cable bill you might want to think about calling and reducing it or cancel your cable all together until you can get caught up to where you have extra money at the end of the month. If it's your utility bills that are causing you to not have extra money at the end of the month you will want to consider moving to a place where the utilities are included or if you can't move you might want to even consider getting a room mate that will help you pay the bills. Believe me you need extra money at the end of the month if you want to get ahead.

Ok step #3 This is the last step. If you have credit card debt you want to get that paid of ASAP. So how do you do this well first let me tell you what not to do. Do not sign up for any of those consolidating credit services I did this because i was $15,000 + in debt and I thought it would be a good idea but I was wrong. What they do is take $300 a month and they take half and put the other half into an account for you and after you accumulate so much money into that account they settle your debt. Instead I want you to take out all your credit cards that you owe on and I want you to pay off the smallest one first. You do this by paying the minimum on you highest credit card debts and paying as much as possible on the one that has the lowest balance. The reason I say this is because if you pay the one with the highest balance first like them credit services do it's going to take you longer to pay it off and the longer it takes to pay off those credit card debts the more interest you'll accumulate so you want to pay off the smallest one first because it will take you a shorter time to pay it off and the faster you pay them credit cards off the less interest you have to pay and the more money you'll have in your bank account make since??

Ok after you do these three steps above your set now all you have to do is KEEP DOING IT! Don't do all this hard work and then fall back into your old ways because if you do you'll go right back to where you started. And a tip: Once you do all these steps consider auto pay to pay your bill you can do this on most bills like utility bill, car payments ect. This will make it a whole lot easier for you to pay your bills on time and it will boost you credit score as well. Well I hope this helps you and this is what I got out of Progress = Happiness I'm sure Tony Robbins tells it differently.


To Your Happiness
Jimmy West













  

No comments: